If you are looking for help in planning your exhibit at Spry, check out the following links. If the information you are looking for is not listed here, please call the office and we would be pleased to discuss your needs.
Booth display configuration Rules and Regs:
As an exhibitor at the Rep Shows, you are requried to follow certain guidelines for how you build your booth display. The Rep Shows use the generally accepted industry guidelines for booth design. Click here to download the guidelines.
Booth Lighting Rentals available:
Double Head 500 watt Floodlight Light stand
Model-T 500-2- Chrome
Booth design and management services: www.geron.ca
Signage, Promotional Material, Advertising Design and other marketing services: Email: email@example.com
General Show info
including Move-In procedure and shipping info:
Frequently Asked Questions
Useful Information for your Visit to the Ontario Rep Shows.
Winter Market Rep Show location and access:
The Winter Market Rep Show is being held at Embassy Grand Convention Centre, 8800 The Gore Road, Brampton, ON. L6P 0B1.
- This location is on the north side of Hwy 7 just west of Hwy #50 at The Gore Road.
- The main entrance to the Show and the show registration area face the free parking at the front of the building.
- The facility will be secured overnight night. If, for whatever reason, you need access to the halls outside of our regular set up and show hours, it may be possible but you will need a show or facility official to give you access. If the Show Manager is not available or on-site, please contact Robert Lauder at cell. (416) 523-0934 to do this.
- A discounted rate for show visitors will be posted on the Show web-site prior to the show
Summer/Winter Market Rep Shows Set Up Day
- Set up is anytime all day on the Monday from 10.30AM till later in the day/evening. The hall will be closed at 9.00pm at the latest on Monday night. If you need to continue set up, the hall will be open at 7.30AM on the Tuesday. If you would like to set up earlier, you must arrange this with show management prior to Move-in day.
- This facility has a policy that does not allow move-in to take place through the front doors of the building. All move-in must be through the various doors and loading dock at the back of the building. For booth numbers up to aisle 1200, you will find it most convenient to enter through door #5 at the north-east corner of the building unless you need to use the split level dock. The split level dock is near door #1 and door #1 will be the most convenient for booth numbers 1300 and higher.
- There is no materials-handling equipment at the venue for large booth containers etc. This kind of equipment is not allowed on the show floor at any time. All containers need to be hand-pushed onto the floor if they are on wheels. There is also a ground-level high cargo door to provide easy access to carrying display material and sample product onto the floor. All booths will be on the ground level of the building.
- Parking is free and at the front of the Convention Centre.
- For your convenience, we will have a cash food concession, catered by the facility. The menu will offer a variety of high quality choices at quite reasonable prices and be serving from around 11.00am til around 3.30pm each show day. This service will provide hot and cold meal plates, sandwiches, salads, pop, chips etc. We encourage you to use this affordable service.
Cell phone reception and Internet access
- Cell phones work in the Convention Centre. High speed wireless internet service is available for a fee of $10.00 for the duration of the show. Contact the show manager to arrange this.
Access Outside of Official Show Hours Appointments
- Within reason, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to hold presentation appointments outside of the official show hours to maximize your time at the Show. This must be pre-arranged if you intend to hold an appointment at a booth in the facility.
Official Show hours are:
- 9.00am til 6.00pm on Tuesday
- 9.00AM to 6.00PM Wednesday
- 9.00AM to 5.00pm on Thursday
- Presentations underway at the official closing time of each day of the show may continue and should not be disturbed by those leaving the building.
- Details of our Tuesday evening soiree will be advertised closer to the Show.
- Arranging a courier shipment to the show should be arranged for delivery no earlier than the Friday of the week prior to the show. This is for product shipments only; not booth display material. If the delivery is arranged for the Friday, you must inform Show management or call the facility to arrange this so that we can arrange for temporary storage otherwise it will most likely be refused. Please mark the packages for the Spry Rep Show, Attention: (Exhibitor name and booth #). The courier must ask for either Sherri or Mirela D. to have the packages be received and put into secure temporary storage. Pick-up at the end of the show must be no later than the Friday after the show. Embassy Grand Convention Centre and Podium Media Group cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages while in temporary storage at the facility.
The courier address is: Embassy Grand Convention Centre, 8800 The Gore Road, Brampton, ON. L6P 0B1.
You can also have delivery of packages to the show throughout each of the show days. The Convention Centre phone number is (905) 794-9588.
Pick up after the show should be arranged for the Friday after the show between 9AM and 4.30PM at the latest. It is not advisable to arrange for your product to be picked up on Thursday as it may not be packed up in time for the last courier pick up. On tear down day you must inform show management or a member of the Convention Centre staff that you are leaving a shipment to be picked up (get instructions from facility management) and they will direct the courier to its location on Friday.
Show Closing and Tear-down
- Tear down of booths is not permitted until 5.00pm on Thursday. It is quite typical for some presentation appointments to extend to the closing time of the show. These presentations must not be disturbed by exhibitors tearing down booths before official closing.
- There are clean and pleasant washrooms throughout the facility.
- Everyone participating in the show is required to wear an official show badge, which should be obtained from the show registration area.
Personal Belongings security
- Every effort is being made to ensure the utmost safety and security of display product and visitor belongings in the facility however Embassy Grand Convention Centre and Podium Media Group cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The lounge also serves as the lunch-room and is provided to allow retailers a quiet place to work outside of the hall. Please do not use this room as a sales-meeting room.
Temperature in the facility
- The temperature in the facility is managed by an air conditioning system. The system adjusts according to the outside temperature as well as the interior temperature. The heat generated from booth lighting often affects the performance of the A/C system.
- Coat check will be provided and will be located at the registration area.
- Please do not leave valuables in your coat pockets if you intend to utilize the coat check.
Show Exhibitor List, Floor Plan and Ontario Rep. Directory
- The Floor Plan for the show will be issued just before opening day and distributed by email. A comprehensive Ontario Rep. Directory publication has already been posted to the Show web-site as well as to retailers across the province. This publication also indicates exhibitors at the show.
· The traditional planning meeting will be held Thursday at 8.00 AM in the retailer lounge. All those participating in the event are invited to attend this meeting to discuss future plans and ideas for the Ontario Rep Shows.
Questions or Comments/ Contact Info
- If you have any questions/comments or ideas about the running of the shows, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are keen to run these events the way you wish them to be run. The office contact info is as follows; Tel: (905) 655-0863, Fax: (905) 655-7668, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org