Frequently Asked Questions
Winter Market Rep Show
Location and access:
The Winter Market Rep Show is being held at Embassy Grand Convention Centre, 8800 The Gore Road, Brampton, ON. L6P 0B1, January 8th to 10th 2013. Move-in and set up is on January 7th.
- This location is on the north side of Hwy 7 just west of Hwy #50 at The Gore Road.
- The main entrance to the Show and the show registration area face the free parking at the front of the building.
- The facility will be secured overnight night. If, for whatever reason, you need access to the halls outside of our regular set up and show hours, it may be possible but you will need a show or facility official to give you access. If the Show Manager is not available or on-site, please contact Robert Lauder at cell. (416) 523-0934 to do this.
- A discounted rate for show visitors will be posted on the Show web-site prior to the show
Set Up Day
- Open booth Set-up is all day on Monday January 7th from 10.30AM until 8.00PM.
- Booths being constructed by third-party exhibit contractors may begin set up from 8.30AM. The hall will be closed down at 8.00pm sharp on Monday night. If you need to continue set up, the hall will be open at 7.30AM on Tuesday January 8th. All set up must be complete by 8.30AM. If you would like to set up earlier, you must arrange this with show management prior to Move-in day.
- This facility does not allow move-in to take place through the front doors of the building. All move-in must be through the various rear doors and loading dock at the back of the building. For booth numbers up to aisle 1200, you will find it most convenient to enter through door #5 at the north-east corner of the building unless you need to use the split level dock. The split level dock is near door #1 and door #1 will be the most convenient for booth numbers 1300 and higher.
- There is no materials-handling equipment at the venue for large booth containers etc nor is there storage. This kind of equipment is not allowed on the show floor at any time. All containers need to be hand-pushed onto the floor if they are on wheels. There is also a ground-level high cargo door to provide easy access to carrying display material and sample product onto the floor. All booths will be on the ground level of the building.
- Parking is free and at the front of the Convention Centre.
- For your convenience, we will have a cash food concession, catered by the facility. The menu will offer a variety of high quality choices at quite reasonable prices and be serving from around 11.30am until around 3.30pm each show day. This service will provide hot and cold meal plates, sandwiches, salads, pop, chips etc. We encourage you to use this affordable service. Please note; there is to be no food or drink brought into the building from outside.
Cell phone reception and Internet access
- Cell phones work in the Convention Centre. High speed wireless internet service is available for a fee of $10.00 for the duration of the show. Contact the show manager to arrange this.
Access Outside of Official Show Hours Appointments
- Within reason, we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to hold presentation appointments outside of the official show hours to maximize your time at the Show. This must be pre-arranged if you intend to hold an appointment at a booth in the facility.
Official Show hours are:
- 9.00am til 6.00pm on Tuesday
- 9.00AM to 6.00PM Wednesday
- 9.00AM to 5.00pm on Thursday
- Presentations underway at the official closing time of each day of the show may continue and should not be disturbed by those leaving the building.
- Details of our Tuesday evening Happy Hour will be advertised closer to the Show.
- Arranging a courier shipment to the show should be arranged for delivery no earlier than January 4th . This is for product shipments only; not booth display material. If the delivery is arranged for January 4th, you must inform Show management or call the facility to arrange this so that temporary storage can be arranged otherwise it will most likely be refused. Please mark the packages for the Spry Rep Show, Attention: (Exhibitor name and booth #). The courier must check at reception and ask for Mirela to have the packages received and to be put into secure temporary storage. Pick-up at the end of the show must be no later than Friday, January 11th. Embassy Grand Convention Centre and Podium Media Group cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen packages while in temporary storage at the facility.
The courier address is:
Embassy Grand Convention Centre, 8800 The Gore Road, Brampton, ON. L6P 0B1.
The Embassy Grand Convention Centre phone number is: (905) 794-9588.
You can also have delivery of packages to the show throughout each of the show days.
Pick up after the show should be arranged for Friday January 11th between 9AM and 4.30PM at the latest. On closing day you must inform show management or a member of the Convention Centre staff that you are leaving a shipment to be picked up (get instructions from facility management) and they will direct the courier to its location on Friday.
Show Closing and Tear-down
- Tear down of booths is not permitted until 5.00pm on Thursday. It is quite typical for some presentation appointments to extend to the closing time of the show. These presentations must not be disturbed by exhibitors tearing down booths before official closing.
- There are clean and pleasant washrooms throughout the facility.
- Everyone participating in the show is required to wear an official show badge, which should be obtained from the show registration area.
Personal Belongings security
- Every effort is being made to ensure the utmost safety and security of display product and visitor belongings in the facility however Embassy Grand Convention Centre and Podium Media Group cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
- The lounge also serves as the lunch-room and is provided to allow retailers a quiet place to work outside of the hall. Please do not use this room as a sales-meeting room.
Temperature in the facility
- The temperature in the facility is managed by an air conditioning system. The system adjusts according to the outside temperature as well as the interior temperature. The heat generated from booth lighting often affects the performance of the A/C system.
- Coat check will be provided and will be located at the registration area.
- Please do not leave valuables in your coat pockets if you intend to utilize the coat check.
Show Exhibitor List, Floor Plan and Ontario Rep. Directory
- The Floor Plan for the show will be issued just before the show and distributed by email and posted to the web-site. A comprehensive Ontario Rep. Directory publication will have already been posted to the Show web-site as well as distributed to retailers across the province.
· The traditional planning meeting will be held Thursday at 8.00 AM in the retailer lounge. All those participating in the event are invited to attend this meeting to discuss future plans and ideas for the Ontario Rep Shows.
Questions or Comments/ Contact Info
- If you have any questions/comments or ideas about the running of the shows, please don’t hesitate to let us know. We are keen to run these events the way you want them to be run. The office contact info is as follows; Tel: (905) 655-0863, Fax: (905) 655-7668, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org